Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Frost
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: what you do for a living, hobbies outside of WoW, etc:
My name is Will, and I'm 17 years old. Before you say "OMG Young'n!" I'll have you know that I claim to be very mature for my age. I'm currently jobless, but plan on getting one for this summer to help pay for a car/college/some needed computer upgrades, and enjoy singing in a Christian Rock band at my local church. About once a month we go on the road and play at a church in the state (Arkansas), never a paying gig, but fun anyway. On those nights I'll obviously be unavailable but I will let an officer know ahead of time. Tuesday nights we practice but I'm usually out in time to get on an hour prior to raid time. My current guild raids on the same schedule you guys do time-wise.

Please list your previous raiding experience, including any pre-WotLK instances:
By the time I was geared enough to raid, 226 gear came from conquest emblems. This said, I have experience in most of 10man Naxx, OS (no drakes), Ulduar up to the Keepers, having downed Thorim and Hodir but nothing past that, 5/5 ToCr, and 4/12 ICC. My main spec is tanking, and I have a medium strong (read, 4-4.5kish) dps off spec, although I could go full tank.

Please list your previous guilds, to a maximum of the prior three. Why did you leave them?:
Citadel: The guild broke up do to the leader quitting the game and the officers afterward just not caring enough to keep it together.

Risen: Old Citadel members, again, the guild broke up.

Ruin: A guild that ranked you based on your gear score, left because I didn't want to be treated as a number.

Have you installed all required addons?:
Yes

Are you 18 years or older?:
No

Have you read and agree to Dominion's rules and policies?:
Yes

Please describe your character's build, gemming, and enchanting trends and why you selected it:
Main spec:
11/53/7 Frost 2h tanking build.
I levelled my toon as a tank, and learned him through the many patch changes Blizz has rained down on me. I put that 11'th point in blood for Rune Tap, because the value of a self heal, even a small one, when for whatever reason I'm not getting healed is amazing for survivability, and a quite useful tool all around. My frost and unholy talents are pretty standard, in fact, the spec is basically a cookie cutter death knight tank spec. I put two points in Epidemic and got Glyph of Disease mostly to make my job easier when spreading Diseases (insert joke here). Enchant and gemming wise, I noticed that in ICC I get hit a lot (Thanks for that -20% dodge Blizz), and Festergut hits like a TRUCK. If I didn't have the health for it I was going to die every time. In that respect, I've gemmed almost exclusively for stamina, while my enchants focus on survivability and threat. I haven't went Dual Wield tank mostly because I can't find a spec that looks clean enough for me, none of the popular ones click right. This brings me to my second spec.

Spec 2: Frost Dual Wield DPS
Oooh! Curveball! While I can't find a tank spec that looks nice for two weapons, I found one for dps. My original toon (The one I got to 55 in the first place) was an enhance shaman, which probably biased me to Dual Wield when I knew it was out, and I have a great amount of fun while pulling respectable dps in my spec. I follow EJ/Tankspot for gemming/enchants for this spec, sorry, no fluff or stories here.

Please describe what you expect from Dominion, and what you can bring to it.:
I expect Dominion to provide me with three things.

1) Fun times, up to and including 10 minutes of hearing nothing but laughter on vent after a tense fight or particularly hilarious wipe. One story comes to mind when our Hallway group on Thorim got to the boss too quickly and activated hard mode, which none of us were prepared for. Someone said "Aaaah! Hardmode!" and thirty minutes later we'd stopped laughing and went and kicked his lightning shooting butt.

2) Reasonably paced progression and a friendly, family like environment.

3) A new, Orcish, or maybe Bovine, exterior, and some new Capital Cities to learn.

I expect to bring the following to Dominion:

1) My handsome cheery self

2) A meat shield for all the DPS and heals

3) ???

4) Profit!

Please describe your methods of self-improvement ingame beyond your gear, and describe how you research your role in specific encounters:
I keep up with my class through ptr patch notes, several blogs (Skeletonjack, Lichborne, etc.), Tankspot and Elitist Jerk's guides, and the wonderful videos Tankspot puts out.

What is your raiding philosophy?:
Come to a raid with intent of killing the boss, even if it doesn't work out have a great time doing it. Don't spend valuable time QQing, know the fight, and bring your stuff. Above all, fun is the object.

How did you hear about Dominion?:
Your recruitment post on Tankspot

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Never
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> 2x a Month

re: APPROVED - App: Elric_Gharial - by Axotyc

Hi Malevolence!

All of your links are broken; I cannot find any character spelling that matches your character. Please provide direct links to your armory in a reply to this post.
Nico_Trollbane
Initiate

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Scryers&cn=Malevolance

I believe I found him, at least this is a Night Elf Druid with the same name, 1 dps, and 1 tank spec for prot.
Axotyc
Officer

You did find it, but it shows him as a dk and not a druid

Meh nightelfs are all druids whatever it was 6am blah. Anyways he's not 18.
Hota/Will
Officer

We cant accept him!! he has my name!! i 'm the only will around here! i think?

Jump to: