Faction : Horde
Race : Troll
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Arcane
Spec 2 : Hybrid

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: what you do for a living, hobbies outside of WoW, etc:
I live with my wife and our Guinea pig. I work in administration for a university full time. Outside of WoW I play console games, play D and D with a group of friends and I read an awful lot too. Any other details you would like to know just ask

Please list your previous raiding experience, including any pre-WotLK instances:
Vanilla-Helped run a 40 man raiding guild in MC and BWL
Did raid leading in ZG and AQ 20 or 25 or whatever it was
BC-Cleared all of Kara, Mags lair and Grulls (used to be council mage MT in gruuls)
-Did intro stuff in tempest keep but never got too too far
WOTLK-cleared 10 man naxx, sarathon, ToC and first 5 or 6 bosses of uldar
-A smattering of 25 man naxx and have beaten 25 man ony

Please list your previous guilds, to a maximum of the prior three. Why did you leave them?:
Orgrimmar Special Forces- Long time ago on a different server. Left because guild got too drama constricted. Same reason most ppl left guilds in the 40 man days.
MIRT- Different server through most of BC- A few members were being problematic and very rude and mean to others in the guild. Officers didn't do anything about it so we decided to leave
The Few- Current guild. Nice nice folks but are currently very inactive and do not raid. Took a break from Oct-Jan and they have stopped doing a whole lot since then. I would like to do some more high end stuff so I am looking for a new guild

Have you installed all required addons?:
Yes

Are you 18 years or older?:
Yes

Have you read and agree to Dominion's rules and policies?:
Yes

Please describe your character's build, gemming, and enchanting trends and why you selected it:
Main spec -Arcane for Raiding
Off spec- Frostfire build for AOE/heroics

I am arcane with a pretty traditional build. Gemming and enchants I focus on either best in slot of second best in slot. Priority for these is SP>Haste>Int/Crit all while making sure I am Hit capped.

Please describe what you expect from Dominion, and what you can bring to it.:
I am hoping to get some ICC progression in. There are a few good things I can bring to it.
1) I come prepared for raids with all food and flasks already to go along with regents for the nights attempts.
2) I don't mind wiping over and over on progression attempts. As long as the raid isn't getting nasty with each other and we seem to be making progress I like to stick it out
3) I have a good attitude and enjoy trying new encounters.

Please describe your methods of self-improvement ingame beyond your gear, and describe how you research your role in specific encounters:
I cover the forums and read all the patch notes. I also tend to follow class articles on wow.com (though I don't like some of their new authors) and mmo-champion. I also use wow-heroes to track my GS to make sure I am geared for what I am trying. I also seek advice on encounters from all perspectives (DPS, tanks and healers) and like hearing feedback from other mages. Oh, I also use wowwiki for boss/fight descriptions.

What is your raiding philosophy?:
I am a bit of a procedural raiders, especially for new content. If an attempt ends in a wipe, see what went bad from all the perspectives, make adjustments and try it again until it works. Some fights, especially the gimmicky ones, just take practice and you need to keep at it until it work.

"Try again" would be my philosophy.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> 2x a Month
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month

Jump to: